SCHOOL SECURITY VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
With increasing frequency, schools are realizing that the lack of security at their facilities may contribute to unauthorized access, thefts, vandalism, assaults or other violent criminal acts. A security vulnerability assessment is an effective tool in helping reduce crime in the educational environment. PLE Security & Investigations performs security assessments to identify vulnerabilities and provide school administrators with methods of reducing risk and therefore minimizing their exposure to unnecessary liability. This survey includes:
v Pre-survey Process
- Gain general information about the school system itself and the surrounding environments.
- Thorough analysis and familiarization with the layout and blueprints of the school.
v School Policy Review to include specific areas including, but not limited to:
- Student dress codes and parking
- Visitor sign-in, identification, and tracking
v Floor Plan and Site Plan Review
- Review and become familiar with points of ingress and egress to site
- Review and become familiar with points of ingress and egress to school buildings
v On-site Physical Assessments
Considerations & Points of Interest include:
- Perimeter security
- External and internal lighting
- Perimeter doors, locks and hinges
- Key control
- Use of covert and overt cameras
- Intrusion alarms
- Electronic access control systems
- Landscaping considerations
- Parking lot design
v Administration of on-line Surveys with School Administration, Teachers, Hourly Employees, Students, and Parents
- Determine vulnerabilities as observed by those at the school
- Use of anonymous on-line survey format allows for the user to feel more comfortable in answering the questions.
v Review Surrounding Crime Statistics
- Determine possible threats to the neighborhoods surrounding the school
- Evaluate the problems that exist around the school
v Interview with Fire and Police Chief
- Establish concerns of fire and police chiefs
- Determine response times and capabilities of each entity
v Prepare Written Report and Present the Recommendations
PLE Security & Investigation’s investigative staff consists of well trained, experienced security personnel, all of whom have experience performing security assessments, writing security procedure and crisis contingency plans. The entire PLE Security & Investigations staff is committed to the success and improvement of the schools in your district and will work as a partner to improve the protection of students, teachers, administrators, staff, facilities, and other valuable assets.
For Information regarding PLE Group’s School Safety Plan, contact Craig Hoschouer at 800-288-2949 or email Craig Hoschouer.